Last Updated 2/15/19
While Skyline operates and controls the On-line Services, it is not responsible for the operation of most Skyline Chili restaurants. Some are operated by Skyline or its subsidiaries, but most restaurants are instead owned and operated by independent franchisees of Skyline. Each restaurant owned by a franchisee of Skyline is solely and independently responsible for its legal and regulatory compliance, for any issues relating to service and supply of products to you and for the privacy policies of any website or other on-line services such franchisee may operate.
OUR GENERAL POLICY
In general, you, as an existing or new customer, can visit our Site without saying who you are or revealing any personally identifying information about yourself.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect personal information about you when you use our On-line Services and otherwise interact with us. The information we collect falls into two categories: (a) information you provide us; and (b) information we collect through automated methods. Generally, your providing of your personally identifying information is voluntary. However, there may be situations where your providing of personally identifying information is necessary to provide a service or is required by law. Please note that in certain cases, we may be unable to provide you with our services unless you provide the information. We will let you know when the providing of your personally identifying information is necessary (e.g. to email you newsletters). We may combine the information you provide us, with information that is collected through automated methods, and with information we receive from other sources.
You may voluntarily provide the following information to us depending on your use of certain On-line Services:
- personal details, such as your name, postal and email addresses, phone number, birthday information and other contact information, when you register with our On-line Services, log-in to an On-line Service, enter one of our contests, or contact us through our On-line services;
- transaction information, including information about the products you buy, prices, method of payment and payment details;
- account information, such as your username or password (or anything else that identifies you) used to access our On-line Services or to buy or use our products and services;
- profile information, including products and services you like, or times you prefer to visit us; and
- other personal information you choose to provide us when you interact with us.
We may use automated technology to collect information from your computer system or mobile device when you visit or use our On-line Services. Automated technology may include cookies, local shared objects, and web beacons. There is more information below about cookies and other technologies below.
We may collect information about your:
- internet protocol (IP) address;
- computer or mobile-device operating system and browser type;
- type of mobile device and its settings;
- unique device identifier (UDID) or mobile equipment identifier (MEID) for your mobile device;
- device and component serial numbers;
- advertising identifiers or similar identifiers;
- referring website (a site that has led you to ours) or application;
- online activity on other websites, applications or social media;
- communications to us or regarding us on social media; and
- activity related to how you use our online services, such as the pages you visit on our sites or in our mobile apps.
Our On-line Services may collect information about the exact location of your mobile device or computer using geolocation and technology such as GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or cell tower proximity. For most mobile devices and computer systems, you are able to withdraw your permission for us to collect this information by using the device or web-browser settings. If you have any questions about how to prevent us from collecting exact information about your location, we recommend you contact your mobile-device service provider, the device manufacturer, or your web-browser provider. Some On-line Services may not work properly without information about your location.
Cookies and Other Technology
Technologies such as “cookies” or “web beacons” may be used to provide you with tailored information. A “cookie” is a tiny element of data that a web site can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive so we can recognize you when you return. A “web beacon” is a small object or image that is embedded into a web page, application, or email and is used to track activity. Other new and innovative technologies which may enable us to customize our offerings to better meet our consumers’ needs may be used if and as they become available.
Your browser software can be set to notify you when you receive a cookie or to reject all cookies. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. If you reject our cookie(s), certain of the functions and conveniences of our site may not work properly but you do not have to accept our cookie(s) in order to productively use our site.
HOW YOUR CONSUMER DATA MAY BE USED
There are times when Skyline may collect personally identifiable information from you, such as your name and street and/or e-mail address. When information is requested, we will try to let you know, at the time of collection, how we will use it. Usually, the personally identifiable information we collect is used only to respond to your inquiry, process an order, personalize the On-line Services for you, respond to your inquiries, notify you if you have won a contest, provide customer support, send you newsletters or advise you of special promotions, discounts and updates. If you register with the On-line Services, we may use this information to provide you with custom information about the Skyline’s offerings in support of your shopping needs.
Your information may also be used to: (i) tell you about our products and services, contests, offers, promotions or special events; (ii) personalize your experience on our On-line Services; (iii) manage our business, including developing new products and services, conducting research, and assessing the effectiveness of our sales, marketing, and advertising; (iv) conduct analytics and profiling to personalize your experience, deliver content (including advertising) tailored to your interests and how you use our On-line Services, manage our business, help diagnose technical and service issues, administer our On-line Services, identify users of our On-line Services, identify a device for fraud prevention purposes, gather demographic information about our customers, and determine usage patterns of our services; (v) maintain, manage, and improve our products, offers, promotions, and online services and other technology; (vi) assist to ensure the security of our networks and systems; (vii) protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other crime, claims and other liabilities; (viii) comply with legal obligations and our policies; (ix) establish, exercise or defend a legal claim; and (x) monitor and report compliance issues.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share your information within the Skyline System (i.e. among Skyline, its affiliates and franchisee), but we will not sell or make your personally identifiable information, including email addresses, available to outside organizations or companies.
We may share your personal information with vendors who provide services to us, such as fulfilling orders, providing data processing and other information technology services, managing promotions, contests, prize draws and sweepstakes, carrying out research and analysis, and personalizing individual customer experiences. We do not allow these vendors to use this information or to share it for any purpose other than to provide services on our behalf.
We have the right to use or share personal information as necessary to comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, court order or similar legal request, to protect our On-line Services, to bring or defend legal claims, to protect the rights, interests, safety and security of our organization, our employees or franchisees, or members of the public, or in connection with investigating fraud or other crime, or violations of our policies.
We may, for strategic or other business reasons, decide to sell or transfer all or part of our business. As part of that sale or transfer, we may pass information we have collected and stored, including personal information, to anyone involved in the sale or transfer.
There may be times where we may share information when it does not directly identify you. For example, we may share anonymous, aggregated statistics about your use of our On-line Services. Or we may combine information about you with other customers and share the information in a way that does not link to a specific customer.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We may also have providers of other apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our On-line Services, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, which may also use automated methods to collect information about how you use these features. These organizations may use your information in line with their own policies.
Notice to California Residents Under 18 Years of Age
If you are a resident of the State of California under the age of 18, and we have actual knowledge of your age, then under California law you may request and obtain removal of certain content or information you have posted on our On-line Services. To do so, please contact us at the address, phone number or email address below. Please note that removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content. For example, removal may not be possible or permitted if another provision of law requires the content to be maintained, if it was posted or reposted by others, or if we paid compensation to you in exchange for the posting.
STATUTORY PRIVACY RIGHTS
Citizens of certain states and countries may have additional rights with respect to access, use, correction and deletion of any of their personally identifiable information maintained. For example, resident of the State of California may have certain rights under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 and European Union (“EU”) Data Subjects may have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). To make requests under specific statutory provisions, please contact Skyline at the address below, indicate the statute under which you are making your request, and outline the details of your request. Skyline’s On-line Services are operated from its headquarters in Fairfield, Ohio U.S.A., all servers hosting it On-line Services are located within the United States of America and the On-line Services are intended for use within the United States of America.
OTHER WAYS TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
- Remove your name from many national mailing and telephone solicitation lists by contacting the Direct Marketing Association and asking them to add your name to their “Do Not Solicit” files. You may contact the DMA at http://www.the-dma.org/consumers/offmailinglist.html or by writing to Direct Marketing Association, Mail Preference Service, and P. O. BOX 9008, FARMINGTON, NY 11735-9008.
- Provide your personal data only to companies whose brands you know and trust, and whose privacy policies are clearly disclosed for you to read.
- Spam, or unsolicited bulk e-mail, can be reduced by avoiding the following practices:
- Posting to an online service or any Internet bulletin board.
- Posting in a use net newsgroup or mailing list.
- Spending time in chat rooms or with an online service that displays your address.
- Including yourself in an unprotected online service member’s directory.
- Opening any attachments to unsolicited e-mail.
- Signing up for a “removal service”—you may be adding your name to a spammers’ list.
- Pro-active anti-spam steps you can take include:
- Be careful about replying to spammers—it only confirms your active e-mail address.
- Open a second e-mail account for “public postings” such as newsgroups or chat rooms.
- Check whether your browser is disclosing your address-if so, reset your browser or use a free product to block it. Report spammers to your Internet service-their anti-spam policies may help.
Skyline Chili, Inc.
Attention: Chief Privacy Officer
4180 Thunderbird Lane
Fairfield, Ohio 45014
If you are making a request under a specific statute (e.g. California Civil Code §1798.83 or the GDPR, please indicate your country and/or state of residence and the statute under which your request is being made so that we may respond appropriately).